Some are calling the hurricane “Frankenstorm” due to its potential mix of both winter and tropical cyclone weather. Regardless of what you call it, we hope that you get the information you need to make preparations and stay safe if you are in the area. It has the potential to be one of the worst storms the area has seen in decades.
The Google Crisis Response team has assembled a Hurricane Sandy map to help you track the storm’s progress and provide updated emergency information.
- Location tracking, including the hurricane’s current and forecasted paths, courtesy of the NOAA-National Hurricane Center
- Public alerts, including evacuation notices, storm warnings, and more, via weather.gov and earthquake.usgs.gov
- Radar and cloud imagery from weather.com and the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory
- Evacuation information and routes
- Shelters and recovery centers will appear as they become operational
- Storm footage and storm-related YouTube videos, curated by Storyful